We all know proteins are good for us. We also know that we don’t take proper diet and therefore need to supplement the proteins using protein powders. People who prefer plant based foods turn to vegan protein powders. Not only do these boost energy levels but also strengthen the immune system.
Gone are the days when protein powder was just used by athletes. Now it’s being consumed by health conscious individuals. However, before you purchase a vegan protein powder there are several things which should be considered.
Things to consider when buying vegan protein powder
Though getting your protein from food is the best thing to do, there are times when our diets and a tight time schedule makes it difficult for us to eat proteins in the right quantity. A vegan protein powder can help you get the right amount of protein in your diet. However, trying to find the best vegan protein powder from so many options available in the market can be pretty over whelming.
What you can do is conduct a bit of research and make sure you check the labels for ingredients and all. Make sure you keep the following in mind when buying protein powders.
- There are several proteins which have been hydrolysed. This means that the protein is digested easily. However this kind of protein powder can be expensive and until and unless you have a medical condition you could do without hydrolysed protein powders.
- The best protein powders which are vegan are made from soy protein. Soy protein is easy to digest and contains the highest source of plant proteins. This kind of vegan powder is also free from lactose and gluten thus ideal for those who suffer gluten allergies or are lactose intolerant.
- Also make sure that the protein powder you choose is completely organic.
- Pea protein powders are good option as well. It’s an excellent source of arginine.
- Similarly rice protein and hemp protein are both good sources of amino acids and contain all the essential nutrients needed for a healthy diet.
- You can even go for protein powder which is a blend of different protein sources. A good blend would consist of flaxseeds, quinoa, lentils and millets. This kind of powder provides much better nutritional value. It’s also a blend of all healthy proteins so that you can get the most from a vegan protein powder.
- People should focus on consuming around fifteen to forty five grams of protein a day. What may work for one person might not work for the other. It is therefore important that you decide and choose a powder based on your own needs. You can get a fitness expert to help you. They would be able to provide you with the right amount of information.
Getting the best vegan protein powder is easier when you keep all the above mentioned things in mind. For purchasing vegan protein powder, make sure you check out the variety available at all top stores.